You need assistance
We are pleased to act in relation to:
– The purchase of property anywhere in France, it will not in most cases be cost efficient for you to instruct us to attend locally where the property is outside our immediate area. This does not create any particular problem as we do not normally need to see the property or attend completion, all the documentation being provided in advance.
– Company law
– Commercial law
– International Family and private law
In general, our fees are calculated on the basis of time expended whether in conference, in attendance upon you or the other persons involved in your business including any negotiation, in telephone consultations, in correspondence (including email), in court work, in instructing colleagues in other court districts or in the examination or drafting of documents and other legal work or assistance. All advice tendered and assistance given will give rise to the billing of professional fees.
Contact us +(33) 03 21 99 05 50
28 rue Saint-Jean 62205 Boulogne-sur-Mer France
Our hourly fee base is currently:
- within normal office hours (08.00 hrs – 18.00 hrs, Monday to Friday inclusive): €250 – €300 (depending on urgency and type of instructions) plus VAT (20% with effect from 1st January 2015). The rate generally applied for international work is €300/ hr plus VAT;
- outside normal office hours (see above): 50 % surcharge;
- travelling time: charged at half above rate(s) except where daily charge applies.
For clients interested in the purchase of residential property in France, we offer an inclusive flat fee of €1,750 (plus VAT) for assistance and advice in relation to the process from preliminary advice through contract to completion. For more details, please contact us; this service does not include written translations (see below for translation charges), nor on the spot attendance (see above for travel costs and daily fees). Advice relating to tax, succession, immigration or other matters not directly linked to the purchase, will be charged at the normal hourly fee rate.
For the drafting of certain documents or the carrying out of certain formalities, we can offer flat fee arrangements, eg:
- Simple company formations (excluding joint ventures) with minimum capital paid up in cash: SARL / EURL €1,800; SA / SAS – €2,250. Non-quoted corporate mergers and takeovers, business acquisitions: between 0.5 % and 2.5 % ex-VAT based on price, consideration or agreed valuations, according to circumstances and our role in the matter.
- Business leases: fee equivalent to one month’s rent plus disbursements and VAT.
- Simple French will: €500 plus VAT and costs.
- Single formality at local commercial registry for person or company already registered: €250 plus VAT and costs.
We shall be pleased to advise on specific fees for these and other matters, on request. When we do so, such estimates are always estimates only, not quotations (unless otherwise expressly agreed).